New tools, technologies and platforms give us opportunities to connect with our customers in more meaningful ways. Any type of business today, you’ll know that, in terms of marketing, the world has changed dramatically. In the thick of all this dramatic change, content is at the core of today’s marketing strategies. In this blog, I’ll highlight why “Content Marketing” is important and share few Tips.
First of all apologies for not writing articles in a few months, the reason being, I was busy setting up my own company, yeah, finally its coming, Alhamdulliah, wait for the official announcement, InshaAllah. Then a sudden trip to Izmir, in Turkey (my first Travel Blog is also coming soon) for an assignment. Looks like from now on, you might all be treated with quality contents as some creative bloggers are joining the MyBlogs bandwagon, stay tuned.
Nearly all traditional marketing and advertising strategies were based on short-term gains. Even inbound marketing strategies, like SEO and Social Media Marketing, are effective in producing a slow build on the results, but there's no better and long-term strategy than content marketing in today’s marketing world.
An effective content marketing campaign will increase your organic search traffic, it’s time to change your SEO and PR agencies if they are not producing worthy contents across all platforms. It’s not adequate to just be creating content - to be publishing blogs and newsletters, and producing webinars and podcasts. Rather, brands have to be consistently producing and sharing really great material. Brands should continue to act as publications to win the race among competitors to inform their customers and become trusted sources. Content marketing era isn’t about storytelling; it’s about telling a true story well.
Hopefully, you're familiar with the concept of compound interest - as your investment earns interest, your principal grows and you earn more interest with each subsequent round of compounding. Content works much the same way, since it's more or less "PERMANENT."
Content marketing may be a long-term strategy, but the sooner you start investing in it, the sooner you'll begin experiencing the benefits - and conversely, the longer you wait to get started, the longer it will take. If you presently have no content strategy whatsoever, it's time to make one. Whether it helps you independently or as a backbone for your other inbound marketing strategies, you'll be glad you did.
In a nutshell, your content marketing strategies should also be serving as a complementary strategy to all other online marketing strategies like,
- Your social media marketing efforts.
- Manage your email marketing campaigns.
- To enhance the value of your landing page and other web pages.
- To establish trust, reputation and relationships.
- Attract large volume of new traffic to your site.
- To gain loads of organic traffic.
- It should influence conversions.
- Your content should never decay, and always aim at producing evergreen content.
Additionally, don’t forget to stick to these golden rules.
- Tell the truth;
- Ground your content in facts: Data, research, and numbers are the foundation for any story;
- Cite all sources. Giving credit where credit is due;
- Always check your spelling;
- Keeping things simple;
- Think visually;
- Make your customer, the Hero of your story. By the way, when you are talking about people, a good rule of thumb is this: Be specific enough to be believable and universal enough to be relevant;
- Use short paragraphs – four sentences max;
- Use short sentences – twelve on average;
- Skip unnecessary words;
- Avoid the passive tense;
- Avoid needless repetition;
- Address your web visitors directly, use the word “you”;
- Shorten your text;
If you are looking for a free consultation on how to start your digital marketing or content marketing plan in Dubai, or UAE, please feel free to contact our sales team. Free consultation is offered only in Dubai.