The one who is most deserving of thanks and praise from people is Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, because of the great favors and blessings that He has bestowed upon us in this world through nature.
During my short visit to India recently, and to my beloved place Coorg, I chanced to roam around to catch some refreshing air, but then I could weigh the graces of Allah in this beautiful small town. Looking around I could feel the warmth of fresh ripe coffee, and novelty of green pepper hanging from its creeper.
I was spellbound by the beauty of greenery everywhere, don’t know if it was the reflection of being in Dubai surrounded by skyscrapers or did I actually escape being in Coorg. I was reckoning on what else Allah has blessed the residents of Coorg, the list was huge, and some of the best gifts by which people making a living are Rice, Coffee, Black Pepper, Avocados, Cardamom, Honey, Oranges, Bitter Orange, Ginger and many other herb plants and veggies. Alhamdulliah….. Everything that Allah does for us is an aspect of His mercy. This is true for the blessings we see and recognize, and the countless ones we don’t.
In today’s blog, I would like to pick one of the finest commodity from our land, Coffee
and how you can use coffee to beautify yourself. There’s just something lovely about gourmet coffee. It’s a something many people cannot live without, many would die without their daily dosage of coffee. Aside from the caffeinated beverage’s eye-opening abilities and addictive flavor, there are many other hidden benefits.
Now did you ever consider that maybe coffee could refresh your face too? That’s right, coffee can be used in face packs and face masks to charge up the skin and make your skin glow. Coffee is used is many scrubs, body butters, body lotions, face creams and etc. I wonder if the coffee growers in my town is aware of this fact.
In this blog I will present you to DIY (do it yourself), java-rich beauty face packs.
Some of the characteristics of coffee is that, it is anti-oxidants, it’s a great Exfoliator, and it has a great aroma, and the face packs made out of coffee will give you terrific results in terms of clear, exfoliated, smooth skin. The deep brown face mask is a classic for injecting life into a slow, tired complexion. Then folks, pamper your skin with some coffee time, with these 4 homemade face packs. What better means to observe the goodness of coffee?
- Coffee and Honey Face Pack:
- Coffee, Yogurt and Oatmeal Face Pack:
- Coffee and Olive Oil Face Pack:
- Coffee and Cocoa Face Pack:
All you require to do is combine these ingredients together and apply it on your face. (please use fresh organic coffee beans, if you could get Coorg coffee the better) Use it in circular motions all over the face and neck and let it sit for ten to twenty minutes. Then wash it off with cool water.
- Several studies show that caffeine can increase fat burning in the body and boost the metabolic rate
- Caffeine can increase adrenaline levels and release fatty acids from the fatty tissues. It too leads to significant improvements in physical performance.
- Caffeine blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain, which leads to a stimulant effect. This improves energy levels, mood and various facets of brain mapping.
- Coffee contains several important nutrients, including Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium and Niacin.
- Several observational studies show that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of causing type II diabetes, a serious disease that currently afflicts about 300 million people worldwide.
- Coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease, which is a leading cause of dementia worldwide.
- Coffee drinkers have up to a 60% lower risk of contracting Parkinson’s disease, the second most common neurodegenerative disorder
- Coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of developing cirrhosis, which can be caused by several diseases that affect the liver.
- Coffee appears to lower the risk of developing depression and may dramatically reduce the risk of suicide.
- Liver and colorectal cancer are the 3rd and 4th leading causes of cancer death worldwide. Coffee drinkers have a lower risk of both.
- Coffee may cause mild increases in blood pressure, which usually diminish over time. Coffee drinkers do not have an increased risk of heart disease, but a slightly lower risk of stroke.
- Various surveys indicate that coffee drinkers live longer and experience a lower risk of untimely death.