Smart marketers now understand that traditional marketing methods are either becoming obsolete or less effective. In the past 10 to 12 years web has transformed the customer behavior. And now with mobile and social media around, it’s radically changing the way new business leads are generated.
Gone are the days when someone would call your office to find out about your product, service or whatever business you are managing. Today the potential customer’s first choice would be undoubtedly internet, they will google, visit your website and check your social feeds.
Let’s agree that we all have good website, social channels and we regularly update and post contents, but do you have valuable content that your potential client is looking for? One study indicates that 85 percent of companies are failing to connect their content activity to business value. Which indicates that the majority of marketers are running blind with their content marketing efforts. They have realized the value, but haven’t figured out how to present or what to exhibit.
Our web site has listed several digital marketing tips
and it’s growing every day. In this blog we will focus on Content Marketing
. I would also like to mention that www.myblogs.pw
have invested time and money to build a strong content marketing and distribution network. So if you are looking to establish your content marketing distribution channel, contact My Blogs Team
What is Content Marketing?
First and foremost, content marketing should be your core marketing strategy, trust me it is no longer a nice-to-have, but a must have strategy. You must know that content creates trust and trust transfer into successful business. Good content will build your brand voice and identity and it will make your product or service relevant and credible.
I remember the definition explained by Content Marketing Institute
in one of their webinars, “Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience – and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action”
Be your own media, instead of advertising, shift toward publishing. IBM research shows that marketers are buying less and less media, instead they are becoming media themselves. Use your available platforms, like social media, website, blog, video and email newsletter and turn them into powerful publishing channels. And as the above statement says, focus on valuable and relevant contents.
Since many studies show that content creation makes up the largest portion of the marketing budget, here are some do’s and don’ts of content marketing.
- Before you plan your content marketing strategy, decide what you want your content to achieve. And who are you trying to engage. Based on this formula follow the below steps.
- Be certain to have relevant and high quality content, if not it becomes spam.
- Your content must be valuable and drive customer interactions.
- It must be about customer needs and customer interests, not ad-speak.
- Publish the contents about topics that interest your audience regularly, at least every fortnight.
- Don’t talk exclusively about the product, instead discuss the industry as a whole. The challenges and how to overcome it.
- Don’t use industry stats that make your company sound like the answer to everyone’s problems.
- It’s significant to know that creating value takes time. Your initial efforts should be focused on reaching audiences and generating awareness.
- With evolving technologies and easy access to information, customers are looking for more than just what your business does.
- Quality content is subjective to readers, to reach the readers, you need a strong distribution network (paid). (newsletter, social media, third party services) You get what you pay for, if you want results with content marketing, you need to spend enough money to make a difference.
- Creating content is only part of content marketing. The other half is promoting it. Have a well-documented digital marketing strategy in place. Some other promotions are
Pitch influencer in your industry who can share your content.
Pitch bloggers and site owners, and ask them to share your content.
Mention your content when you comment on other websites and blogs.
If you are looking for free content marketing consultancy, content distributions or training, please feel free to contact us.