Global SEO Agency Bruce Clay, Inc. Launches Operations in the Middle EastJanuary 30, 2018
Microstock? Why Not? My Journey & AdviceJanuary 30, 2018
When the Internet was new to consumers, everyone loved email. Even I had my first email account from www.usa.net and later I moved to www.excite.com
In digital marketing circles, I often hear the discussion about the existence of Email Marketing. I get questions like “Is email marketing still a worthwhile tactic a marketer should pursue?” Yes, I agree it’s not as shiny and sexy as Social Media, but Email Marketing is by far the most effective way of digital marketing. Only if you do it RIGHTLY. (if time permits one of these days I will share some tips of creating a good newsletter) Undoubtedly email marketing is the most cost-effective solution that gives businesses the power to reach customers in a place most people visit every day — their inbox. As per Exact Target there are over 3.2 billion email accounts and 91% check their email at least once a day. And did you know that the human race as a whole gets 193.3 billion a day.
In this blog, I will share a few stats which I usually share with my clients. Hopefully these stats will give you a head start to believe that Email Marketing is still far from DEAD. I mentioned in my previous article, “Digital Marketing Strategies for 2016“ about the role of Email Marketing.
Few Email Marketing Stats.
- There are 251 email marketing software solutions currently on the market. (Source: Capterra)
- 90% of email gets delivered to the intended recipient’s inbox, whereas just 2% of your Facebook Fans, Twitter Followers, LinkedIn Followers see your posts in their News Feed. (Source: Forrester Research)
- 92% of online adults use email, with 61% using it on an average day. (Source: Pew Research)
- The total number of worldwide email accounts is expected to increase to over 4.3 billion accounts by year-end 2016. (Source: Radicati Group)
- 83% of B2B and B2C marketers use email newsletters for content marketing. (Source: Content Marketing Institute & Ascend2)
- A study by Adobe reveals that Millennials are the age group most likely to check their email from bed (70%), from the bathroom (57%), or while driving (27%).
- Transactional emails have 8x more opens and clicks than any other type of email, and can generate 6x more revenue. (Source: Experian)
- About 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices. (Source: Campaign Monitor)
- Data for over 1.8 billion opens from campaigns sent in 2013 shows that mobile is the most popular environment for a subscriber’s first interaction with an email. (Source: Campaign Monitor)
- Personalized email messages, improve click-through rates by an average of 14% and conversions by 10%. (Source: Aberdeen)
- Marketers have noted a 760% increase in revenue from segmented campaigns. So always send segmented emails. (Source: Campaign Monitor)
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. (Source: McKinsey)
- 72% people prefer to receive promotional content through email, compared to 17% who prefer social media. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Email marketing has an ROI of 3800%. (Source: DMA)
- Email’s ROI was 28.5% compared to 7% for direct mail. (Source: Chief Marketer)
- 56% of companies currently use an email marketing provider and are 75% or more likely to be purchasers of marketing automation software over the next year. (Source: VentureBeat)
- 44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email. (Source: Convince & Convert)
- 7 in 10 people say they made use of a coupon or discount from a marketing email in the prior week. (Blue Kangaroo Study)
In my next blog, I will share some of the top email service provider.